Saturday, May 12, 2012

POEM (The Train of Life)


The Train Of Life

Some folks ride the train of life
looking out the rear,
Watching miles of life roll by
And marking every year.

They sit in sad remembrance
Of wasted days gone by,
And curse their life for what it was
And hang their head and cry.

But I don't concern myself with that
I took a different vent,
I look forward to what life holds
And not what has been spent.

So strap me to the engine
As securely as I can be,
I want to be out in the front
To see what I can see.

I want to feel the winds of change
Blowing in my face,
I want to see what life unfolds
As I move from place to place.

I want to see what's coming up
Not looking at the past,
Life's too short for yesterdays
It moves along too fast.

So if the ride gets bumpy
While you are looking back,
Go up front and you may find
Your life has jumped the track.

It's all right to remember
That's part of history,
But up front's where it's happening
There's so much mystery.

The enjoyment of living
Is not where we have been,
It's looking forward to another year
Over and over again.

It's searching all the byways
Never should you refrain
For if you want to live your life
You've gotta drive the train.