Wednesday, May 9, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 6)


"I've Messed Up Too Badly"

     Today we're fasting from the thought that says, "I've messed up too badly." "My mistakes are too great."
     This thinking goes beyond feeling guilty. It reminds us of our failures --- robbing us of creativity, initiative and the power to live in God's fullness.

LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY

1.  Believe with every fiber of your heart and mind in the MERCY of God
     (Hebrews 4:15-16). A woman asked Napoleon to have mercy on her son, who was
     about to be hanged. "Do you realize the crimes he's committed against France,
     madam? He doesn't deserve mercy." Napoleon answered. She responded, "If he
     deserved it, it wouldn't be mercy, Emperor." At that moment, her son was set free.
2.  Don't underestimate the power of confession (1 John 1:9). Confessing our sins
     before God is both liberating and therapeutic. He is faithful to forgive, to cleanse
     and to heal. (James 5:16).
3.  Do not allow your multiple mistakes to DEFINE you. No matter how badly
     you've messed up, get up and live another day. You may have fallen but you can
     and will get up! (Look up Proverbs 24:16).
4.  See the silver lining. You HAVE become smarter. You ARE better. Your maturity
     and experience are going to show up in MORE important things ahead. Trust the
     work of God in you. Philippians 2:13 says, "God is at work in you, to will and work
     for His good pleasure."
5.  Think like a winner. Romans 8:37 says you are more than a conqueror --- no
     matter how far you've fallen, failed or messed up, YOU ARE MORE THAN A
     CONQUEROR!
6.  Accept that God has not stopped loving you or believing in you. Nothing can
     separate you from His love (Romans 8:38-39). Nothing past, present or TO COME!
     You are not condemned.

THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING:   There is now NO condemnation to me because I am in Christ Jesus. I
                         accept God's mercy in spite of all my mistakes. I will not allow my sins
                         or failures to define me. I am the righteousness of God; therefore, no
                         matter how far or how many times I've fallen, I can and will get up. He
                         is at work in me still and nothing shall separate me from His love --- I
                         am more than a conqueror, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow "Start Thinking Forward"