Wednesday, May 23, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 20)


"My Life Is Out Of Control"

Today we're fasting from the thought that says: "My life is out of control!"

     That's what the devil wants you to think. He wants you to feel helpless and "under" the circumstances. When you think this way, you get discouraged. You lose hope. You give into things. Like a jellyfish, you are carried by the prevailing current.

LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
  1. Think above. Stop for a moment and understand what I'm saying here. Think "above". Think from a higher point of view. Look down at life rather than "up" at it. When Elisha's servant saw from "above", he realized there were more for him than those against him (2 Kings 6:14-17). Notice, God didn't add any chariots. They were always there. Elisha's servant just couldn't see them because he wasn't thinking "above." THINK ABOVE.
  2. DON'T see the bigger picture today. That's not a typo! Think of your situation and your world as small. Think of yourself bigger. Don't forget --- how YOU see yourself is, is how life will see you. That's how the devil will see you. That's how your mountains will see you. If you see yourself bigger than the mountain (Greater is He that is in you --- that makes you big!), then the mountain will respect what you say when you tell it to move!
  3. The best day of your life is the day you decide your choices are your own; therefore, your life is your own. NO EXCUSES! NO ONE TO BLAME! Remember the lame man at the pool of Bethesda for 38 years? He stayed in his condition because he told Jesus what he had believed for all those years: "I have no one to help me." (John 5:7) DECIDE TO OWN YOUR CHOICES and you will own the life God wants you to have.
  4. Focus on the inside, NOT the outside. If you're like me, there are several things on the outside that are not fully under control, but that's not your job. Your job is to get control of the inside. That's what this fast from wrong thinking is about. It's taking care of the INSIDE. You ARE in control, IF you control your thought life.
  5. Take control of your day, one thought at a time. Don't be overwhelmed. Isaiah 28:13 says that we build God's Word and God's thoughts in our lives: "line upon line, percept upon percept."
 THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING:    I am in control of my life because I am in control of my thoughts.
                           I rule my life by ruling my thoughts. My thoughts liberate my
                           emotions, my health, my relationships and my whole life.

                           I think ABOVE today. I choose to look down at life rather than
                           look up at it. I see it from God's point of view. I'm bigger than my
                           problem, bigger than the mountain, bigger than any enemy I face
                           today.

                            Greater, larger and more dominant is HE that is in me, than he
                            that is in the world. TODAY IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
                            because I have control of the choices I make.

                           I will not stay in a defeated, lonely, sick, depressed condition
                           another day of my life. I focus on the inside. I know the thoughts of
                           victory that I am devekoping will take care of my outside. This fast
                            from wrong thinking is working IN ME! In Jesus' Name.

*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward"