"What's Wrong With Me?"
Our fast from wrongful thinking is working. Stay on the journey with me. These seeds will produce the great harvests you have always wanted and needed in every area of your life.
Today we are fasting from the thought that says: "What's wrong with me?"
Have you ever thought that? Who hasn't? We have all had our bouts with sin-consciousness --- a haunting awareness of all that we do wrong and all that is wrong about us.
The first problem with this thinking is: it is "me-centered" not "Jesus-centered." It's selfish. We are called to LOOK to Him -- the Author and Finisher of our faith. In Hebrews 12:1, God says, "look up" not "look within."
It starts with developing a "righteousness consciousness" rather than a "sin consciousness."
The constant awareness of our "falling short" is where the devil and religion want to keep us. This keeps us defeated and hemmed in by our human nature, rather than liberated through our divine nature. 2 Peter 1:4 says, "Through His promises, we share in the divine nature of God and escape the corruption that is in the world through lust."
LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
- Understand the gift of righteousness. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, "He who knew NO sin, was made to be sin FOR US, that we would be MADE the righteousness of God." This is the greatest EXCHANGE in human history! Jesus took our sinfulness and imparted to us His righteousness --- which means we are RIGHT in God's eyes, not wrong. We are justified. I like the play on words here. Justified = "just if I'd" never sinned.
- Awake to righteousness. 1 Corinthians 15:34 (Amp) says, "Awaken to righteousness; and you will not sin." You are a child of God. You are forgiven. You are a joint heir with Jesus Christ (Romans 8:16). When God looks at you, He sees the Blood He shed. He sees His Son. When God thinks of you, He thinks of a victorious, conquering, strong, powerful, wise and holy son or daughter. He sees you as a mighty champion. The head and not the tail (Deuteronomy 28:13). Righteousness means: to stand in the presence of God as if sin had never been. To stand in His presence without a sense of guilt, shame, inferiority or condemnation.
- Reject sin-consciousness. When you are always conscious of what's wrong, you will DO wrong. When you are always conscious of BEING the righteousness of God --- you will DO right! You'll act on the outside how you see yourself on the inside. (Whenever you think of your "wrongs", cast them upon Jesus. And remember, His "rights" are now yours!)
- Ask the Holy Spirit to do what He does best. 1 Corinthians 2:12 says, "... we have received the Spirit of God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God." A key ministry of the Holy Spirit is to REVEAL what is already yours. (NOT TO REVEAL TO YOU ALL THAT IS WRONG IN YOUR LIFE.)
- Dwell on what's right rather than what's wrong. Go through the Scripture regarding who you are in Christ; what is yours in Christ, and what you can do in Christ. It's staggering. Flood your mind with this new way of thinking.
THINK IT AND SAY IT
FEATURING: I decide to give up thinking about all that is wrong in my life and I choose
to think about what is right.
I am the righteousness of God, through the Blood of Jesus. I stand in
the presence of God without guilt, shame, inferiority or condemnation.
I awake to righteousness and believe it will lead me to a victorious life.
I am a joint heir with Jesus. When God looks at me, He sees His Blood.
He thinks of me as a conquering, powerful and holy son or daughter. I
will not think of myself as anything less or more than what God thinks
of me. In Jesus' Name.
*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward"