Friday, May 25, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 22)


"I'm Stuck"

Today we're fasting from the thought that says: "I'm stuck." "There's nothing I can do about my situation. There's just no way."

     We've all thought that at times. Sometimes we feel we've blown it, or we're at the end of our rope. There's nothing we can do. But it's a lie. There's always something that we can do. There's always a way.
     The devil would love for you to believe there's nothing you can do about your situation. He wants you stuck! He wants you immobilized. He wants you defeated. And he achieves that by getting us to believe this lie.
     This way of thinking keeps you from being decisive and taking action. Action produces results. But the thought that you can't do anything about your situation, or you don't know what to do about it... STOPS ACTION.

LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
  1. Believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit in your every day life. Romans 8:26 says, "We don't always know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit intercedes for us..." No matter what your situation is, the Holy Spirit knows how to bring about God's will for your life as you pray and worship Him.
  2. Think this thought today: PRAYER CHANGES THINGS. There's nothing you can't impact with prayer. Prayer gets you unstuck. It gets you moving again toward victory. Prayer is powerful. "And all things, whatsoever you shall ASK in prayer, believing, you SHALL RECEIVE." (Matthew 21:22)
  3. Believe that FAITH FINDS A WAY. In Mark 2:1-5, the friends of the paralyzed man could not find a way into the house where Jesus was. They were stuck. BUT THEY BELIEVED THERE WAS SOMETHING THEY COULD DO ABOUT THE SITUATION. By believing there was a way, they found one! They went up on the roof and lowered him down through the ceiling tiles and the man was healed. Why? Because faith found a way. When we don't think it, we don't look for it.
  4. Remember; Jesus is the 4th man in the fire. When it seemed like three Hebrew men were going to be burned in the fiery furnace, Jesus showed up. What was an impossible situation was made possible because Jesus was with them. AND HE IS WITH YOU , in your fire.
  5. Jesus is your WAY. John 14:6 says, "I am the WAY, the truth and the life." He is "The Way" when there just seems to be no way. He IS YOUR WAY out of whatever situation you are in. EXPECT HIM to make a way.
  6. Just think: Next step. You don't have to figure it all out right away. When you feel stuck, just take one step forward. When Jesus was tempted to back down and not go to the cross --- the Bible says, "He went forward a little..." (Mark 14:35). When you feel paralyzed --- like there's nothing you can do --- just take a step. Don't think about all the steps. Just take the first one. In a relationship, the first step may be saying you're sorry. If it's finances, maybe it's just cutting one area of spending, or giving one extra offering. If it's health, take the first step and have a salad. Just take that one step!
THINK IT AND SAY IT
 FEATURING:     I believe the Holy Spirit is interceding for me when things
                             aren't working out. He will work through the situation to
                             bring about God's will. He will bring me through.

                             As I pray, I believe things will change; they will improve.
                             I walk by faith, not by sight, and faith finds a way.

                             I THINK AND BELIEVE THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY,
                             even when it seems like there is none. And that way of thinking
                             opens doors for me. Jesus is the Way when there is no way.

                             He is with me no matter what fire I'm in and no matter what the
                             situation. I expect Him to make a way for me.

                             When I feel stuck, I will think about one step I can take that will
                             move me toward healing, toward blessing and toward God's will
                             for my life. In Jesus' Name.

*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's"Start Thinking Froward"