"I Feel Trapped"
Today we're fasting from the thought that says, "I feel trapped."
Ever felt like that? We all know what it feels like when it seems we have nowhere to turn. Perhaps you've felt like life was closing in on you -- like there was no way out of the situation you're in. Perhaps you feel bombarded by your daily responsibilities and you feel in bondage to your weaknesses and fears.
LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
- God ALWAYS provides a way of escape. (1 Corinthians 10:13). When you feel trapped or closed in, God will make a way for you. He always does. Choose to believ it today.
- Expect an open door. He opens the door that no one can close (Revelations 3:8). This is the favor of God. Psalm 5:12 says that His favor surrounds you like a shield. When you feel surrounded by your problems, declare that you are surrounded by HIS FAVOR!
- You ahve the wisdom of God. Be confident of this. You will instinctively know what to do next. When you feel trapped, wisdom will open a door or create a door that wasn't even there before! 1 Corinthians 1:30 says Jesus has been made unto you wisdom from God.
- Change your perspective. When Paul was trapped, despairing even of life, in 2 Corinthians 1:8-10 (message translated) he said IT WAS THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED because he was FORCED to trust God totally! TRUST HIM TOTALLY TODAY!
- Stop thinking about the finish line. Keep walking by faith. Just take one step in the right direction. God will meet you there. John 5:8 -- just start. Get up. You don't have to figure it all out. One step at a time.
- You have the Peace of God in you. When everything is closing in on you, declare, "Peace be still!" This is why Jesus could calm the storm with "PEACE!" Because the peace was already in Him. And therefore, it's already in you!
- Embrace the thought: "God will deliver whoever calls on His name" (Romans 10:13). He is your deliverer. When you feel thrapped, yell: JESUS, You are my deliverer!
THINK IT AND SAY IT
FEATURING: God makes a way where there is no way. There is always
a way out of feeling trapped. I have the wisdom of God
and I walk by faith, not by sight. I speak to my situation
"Peace, be still." I expect God to open a door that no
man can close. No matter how trapped I feel, I will
Totally trust God. And He will deliver me as I call upon
the Nameof Jesus. In Jesus' Name.
*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward"