Thursday, May 17, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 14)


"It's Too Hard To Find God's Will"


Today we're fasting from the thought that says: "The will of God is such a mystery." Or, "It's too hard to find God's Will."

     Many people struggle so hard to do the Will of God only to be frustrated and often confused. Can we ever be SURE of the will of God? We can. And I believe this will help.

LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
  1. Change the way you look at the Bible. We need to look at the Bible as a love letter, a description of who we are in Christ and a collection of divine seeds for the harvests of life.
  2. Today, you must see the Bible as a "Will". It is God's LAST WILL and TESTAMENT! (Hebrews 9:15-17). Enclosed in the Bible is EVERYTHING Jesus, after dying, has left to HiS loved ones-- that's you and me!
  3. Remember, a will goes into effect when someone dies. Hebrews 9:17 says, "because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living."
  4. See yourself in God's Will NOW. Through Jesus' Blood and His death, God has placed us IN His.
  5. The gospel is: forgiveness AND an inheritance that now belongs to us (Acts 26:18). Read the Scriptures to discover your inheritance and know what belongs to you NOW.
  6. Now, take the pressure off yourself in trying to discover what to DO and focus on discovering what is YOURS. This will change how you look at yourself and how you live!
  7. Don't try to find the will of God. It will find you. Just meditate on God's Word. Flood your mind with His promises. Bask in His love and grace and the will of God will find you. It will overtake you. (Deuteronomy 28:2)

LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY

FEATURING:     God has placed me in His will. I don't have to strive to
                            find it. God's will is His covenant toward me -- His
                            Promised inheritance is mine through the Blood of Jesus.
                            I will see the Bible as God's will TOWARD me. I will read
                            it to discover what belongs to me and who I truly am in Him
                            and the will of God will track me down. It will come upon me
                            and overtake me. In Jesus' Name.

*** reprinted from Gregory Dickows "Start Thinking Forward"