Tuesday, May 1, 2012

INSPIRATIONAL STORY (Who Will Read My Message?)



There are many times when we begin a certain task that God lays on our hearts and because we think our efforts are minimal and not making a difference, we quit the job that God told us to pursue.
The enemy loves to plant seeds of doubt and lure us into thinking that we are not capable of making a difference in this world, but with God's help we can overcome and fulfill the destiny that God has for every believer.
If you are going through a situation of doubting your task for the Lord, then I hope this story will bless and encourage you to never quit what God has laid on your heart because you may never know of the lives that you are touching.



Who Will Read My Message?

     A man was involved in a tragic accident. He lost both legs and his left arm and only a finger and thumb remained on the right hand. But he still had a brilliant mind, with a good education and he knew about different cultures because he had traveled the world.
     At first, he thought there was nothing he could do but remain a helpless sufferer.But after much thought, he remembered how he enjoyed receiving letters so why not write some. After all, he could still use his right hand with some difficulty. But he didn't really know whom to write.
     Was there anyone shut-in and incapacitated like he was who could be encouraged by his letters? He thought of men in prison --- they did have some hope of release, whereas he had none --- but it was worth a try.
     He wrote to a Christian organization that did prison ministry. He was told that his letters could not be answered because it was against prison rules, but God put it on his heart to continue to have this one-sided correspondence.
     He wrote twice a week and it tested his strength to the limit. But in his letters he put his whole soul, all his experiences, all his faith, all his wit and all his Christian optimism.
     Frequently, he felt discouraged and was tempted to give it all up. But it was his one remaining activity and he resolved to continue as long as he could.
     Finally he received a letter. It was a very short note written on prison stationery by the officer in charge of all mail inspections. The note said, "Please write on the best paper you can afford. Your letters are passed from cell to cell until they literally fall to pieces."

No matter what your situation may be like, you still have the ability to encourage someone who is discouraged and lift up someone who is feeling low.

Take this story as an encouragement to give your all for someone else and do not worry about the results. No good work will go unseen and only God knows of the impact that your life can have on someone else.

TESTIMONY: This story reminds me of the times I almost quit. God put it on my heart to start a website in His Honor. I was nervous and I really didn't think I was qualified, mainly because I didn't know the Bible that well. So first I started the Facebook page. I was really excited because everything I needed to start just fell into place for me. (That's how I KNOW it's from God!) Then the setbacks began. Only a third of my facebook family and friends "like" the page. When I tried downloading photos to post... NOTHING would download. I was becoming frustrated, thinking it wasn't from God. I made it up in my head all along.
     But then God let me know that it was His will but He didn't particularly tell me to do the facebook page, only the website. Then He let me know the reason I couldn't download the photo's was because He didn't want them on the page. I was basically about to commercialize it with all sorts of photos like I've seen the other "popular" pages do. But I came to understand that the photo's would distract from the message I needed to get out. Then when I started this  site, everything went just as He lead me to believe. Then I went a step further and joined Twitter. Oh yeah, I was on a roll now. I wanted to tell the world about the Lord!
     But my Facebook page and Twitter weren't doing very well and I considered stopping those and just focus on the blogsite. The next day Facebook stats were up. Two weeks later I gained followers on Twitter.
     I didn't give up after all. Some people have even let me know they enjoy all the posts. I didn't know people were really paying attention but God knew. And He didn't let me quit. So if God puts something on your heart ... DON'T QUIT!
Many are called but few are chosen. Few are chosen because they can't endure all that is expected of them or they let the devil convince them they aren't making a difference. If God put it on your heart... you WILL make a difference. Even if it's just for one person. 

Let us not do our good works so that we may be praised, but let us do good works so that others may be lifted up and God be praised because of our intervention.

The only thing that we can take with us into eternity is what we have done for the Lord! There are no bank accounts in Heaven to show how much your net worth was on earth, but there will be accounts in Heaven of what you did to show your life as an example in leading others to Him!

Love and Blessings!
Shalom!
~One Love~