Sunday, May 13, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 10)


"I Feel So Angry"


Today we are fasting from ANGER -- thoughts like "I feel so angry" or "they make me so mad."

     Anger is a powerful condition that obviously can hurt ourselves and others. It leads to bad decisions, damaged relationships, stress and physical sickness. Let's conquer thoughts of anger today!

LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
  1. Discover the power within you. Remember, anger comes from a sense of powerlessness. When we feel powerless to change something, we get afraid, leading to anger. 2 Timothy 1:7 says God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of POWER, love nad sound mind. Meditate on this verse. You have power!
  2. Listen quickly, speak slowly. James 1:19 says be quick to hear, slow to speak, THEN the result; you will be slow to anger! Follow this simple pattern and anger will lose its grip.
  3. Realize that anger does not work. It doesn't produce or achieve anything! James 1:20 says, "For the anger of man does not ACHIEVE (WORK, PRODUCE) the righteousness of God. "If you had an employee that didn't work, produce or achieve, you would fire them, right? FIRE your anger from your life, it doesn't achieve anything for you!
  4. Deal with unresolved conflict TODAY! Ephesians 4:26 says, "Be angry, but do not sin. Do not let the sun go down on your wrath." Make peace with whomever. Experience change from the inside out if you have something today (especially in a  marriage) don't let it fester. You'll be amazed at how much less you feel angry.
  5. It's OK to feel it; but direct it the right way toward the devil. Notice, the verse goes on to say, "Don't give the devil an opportunity to work.' (Ephesians 4:27)The devil wants you to blame others for why you're angry. But REALIZE, there's no one to blame but the slithering devil! And like a machine gun operator who just discovered the enemy, turn it completely on him; use your anger to resist the devil, speaking the Word with an aggressive force and cut that old dragon to pieces!
  6. Get the whole picture. So often, the reason we get mad or afraid is because we only see a snap-shot of what's really going on. As soon as anger comes, ask God to open your eyes to see the big picture. He did it for Elisha's servant (2 Kings 6:16-17). He will do it for you!
THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING;     I am free from the power of anger. I have power over it. I have power,
                           love and sound mind. I will not act rashly but choose to listen quickly
                           and speak slowly. I say to anger; YOU ARE FIRED! Since it doesn't
                           work, achieve or produce for me, I will not continue to employ it. I
                           resolve conflict today and will not go to bed angry.
                           I admit no one is to blame for my angry feelings. I will use what
                           remains of my aggressive feelings against the devil by speaking the
                           Word of God and resisting him FIRMLY in my faith. The violent take
                           the Kingdom by force and that's what I'll do today, in Jesus' Name.

*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward"