Thursday, May 24, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 21)


"God Must Not Want Me To Have This"

     Do you realize that your life is changing for the better just as the Bible said it would? We are being TRANSFORMED by the renewing of out minds and we are coming into perfect will of God.
     Many times our minds (and the devil) tells us that if things don't go our way that must be God's will. That's wrong thinking!

Today we're fasting from the thought that says: "God must not want me to have this." Or "Whatever happens must be God's will."

     Please note, I realize many of us reading this know theologically that God's will is for good. But in our lives, when we face resistance or it seems like God is not responding, we're tempted to give up and accept whatever happens as God's will.

LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
  1. Stop listening to voices trying to keep you the way you are. There are voices in your head saying, "Keep quiet." There are voices from others saying, "Stay the way you are." There are voices saying, "God must not want you to have this." NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Say "no" to those voices and keep going after whatever you see in God's Word.
  2. When you face resistance, add persistance! In verse 48, when people tried to shut Bartimaeus up, he cried out even more. Press through until you receive your promise!
  3. DON'T GIVE UP! When Jesus heard Bartimaeus crying out, He stood still. Don't give up or move away until you have Jesus' attention. When your persistence causes Jesus to stop and notice you, your miracle is on its way!
  4. BELIEVE God wants to fulfill your desires, not just your needs. In verse 51, Jesus said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" Truthfully, Bartimaeus could have lived without sight but Jesus asked him what he wanted, not just what he needed. God doesn't just meet our needs. He fulfills our desires --- provided that our desires are founded on Scriptural promises (Psalm 37:4).
  5. Make up your mind that you will not be denied. Bartimaeus would not be denied. The woman with the issue of blood would not be denied. The mother of the demon-possessed daughter would not be denied. (Mark 5:25-34, Matthew 15:22-28). You and I will not be denied.

THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING:    I decide today that I will STOP listening to the voices in my head
                           and around me that are telling me to stay the way I am.

                           I will not be quiet when I face resistance. My prayers will not be
                           silenced by doubt, fear or opposition.

                           At times when I may feel God is not answering, I will stick to His
                           Word. God says, "Yes" to what He has already promised;
                           therefore, I will stand on His promises in all areas of my life. And I
                           will not be denied.

                           I believe God wants to give me the desires of my heart and not just
                            my needs. When I face resistance, I will add persistence!

                            I will not give up or give in to my present condition. I will press
                            through the opposition and not be denied. I will not tolerate a
                            present condition of discouragement, sickness, poverty or mediocrity
                            ---NOT ANOTHER DAY OF MY LIFE!

                           Psalm 37:4 says, "He will give me the desires of my heart." I will keep
                           thinking this, believing this and expecting this until something changes
                           for my good. In Jesus' Name.

*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward"