Saturday, May 5, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 2)


"I Can't"
     
     There are so many things that we think we CAN'T do.
     "I can't change. I can't believe that. I can't go on. I can't make it. I can't forgive. I can't recover. I can't get it done. I can't find a job. I can't find a spouse. I can't go back to college. I can't pay the bills. I can't figure this out." And the list could go on and on.
      Believe me, this MENTALITY and ATTITUDE, sets us up to fail, to quit and to live a negative existence. It is a poisonous thought that we must no longer eat or drink of.
     From today on, we're replacing this thought with: "I CAN!"
     Philippians 4:13 declares, "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME."
     There's a saying that goes: "If you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right." Either way, you're right, because as a man thinks, so is he (Proverbs 23:7).
     The Spirit of God lives in you. You CAN do what HE CAN do in you. 1 John 4:17 says, "As He is, so are we in this world."


LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY

1.  Remember the little engine that could: Over fifty years ago, the book called, The
     Little Engine That Could, spoke to a generation of children: "I think I can. I think I
     can. I think I can." AND IT DID!
2.  Say it: "I can." By simply saying this continually, your life will take the turn you
     desire.
3.  You ARE, therefore you CAN. Remember that you ARE more than a conqueror,
     therefore, you CAN conquer anything (Romans 8:37).
4.  BELIEVE the Bible is written about YOU. Fill your mind with Philippians 4:13:
     "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!"
5.  Change your thinking. Change your habit. GET the words "I can't" out of your
     vocabulary today. Stop yourself everytime you feel like saying "I can't"; and let the
     new thought "I can" come out of your mouth. The more your ears hear your voice
     say this, the easier it becomes to believe it.


THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING:  I declare I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens
                        me. I eliminate "can't" from my vocabulary. I can do anything God's
                        Word says I can do.I submit my thinking to the Word of God and
                        my whole life is changing today, in Jesus' Name.


*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow "Start Thinking Forward"