Friday, March 16, 2012

SEASON OF LENT (21st Day)

21st Day of Lent
Friday, March 16, 2012

I love myself just as I am,

     Our capacity to love is directly dependent upon our ability to love ourselves with a mature self-love. Love is not something to get from people or even from God. For we have already been created in and out of love. Nor is it something we can ever lack. "I have loved you with an everlasting love." (Jer. 31:3)
     Love is the reality of our total self which we can frustrate or express. Unless we realize this truth, we may go on indulging in the romantic myth that "someday love will happen to me."  Love has never "just happened" to anyone. People spend years of their lives trying to "find" love. But love is not to be found. It consists not in finding the right person, but in becoming the right person.

John 17:26   I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I live in them.

*** Reprinted from Unity's booklet    Lent 2012    Release Your Inner Splendor