Monday, March 19, 2012

HUMOR FOR HAPPINESS (God Will Provide)

God Will Provide

A young woman brought her fiance home to meet her parents. After dinner, her mother told her father to find out about the young man.

The father invited the fiance into his study for a talk. "So what are your plans?" the father asked.

"I am a Biblical scholar." the young man replied.

"A Biblical scholar. Hmmm.," said the father. "Admirable, but what will you do to provide a nice house for my daughter to live in?"

"I will study," the young man answered, "and God will provide for us."

"And how will you buy her the nice expensive wedding she deserves?" asked the father.

"I will concentrate on my studies," the young man replied, "God will provide for us."

"And children?" asked the father, "How will you support your children/"

"Don't worry, sir, God will provide." said the fiance.

The conversation went on for about 20 more minutes and each time the father asked a question the fiance always answered, "God will provide."

Later, when the daughter and her fiance left, the mother asked, "How did it go, honey?"

The father answered, "He has no job and no plans, and he thinks I'm God."