Saturday, March 10, 2012

SEASON OF LENT (16th Day)

16th Day of Lent
Saturday, March 10, 2012

You can't have harmonious relationships and hold onto your resentment too. Love is always and eternally present, but we block it with our resistance. There is no way that your prayer can be answered unless you change the level of your thinking. (This is the time to reflect how you have been growing during this Lenten season)


*** Reprinted from Unity's booklet  Lent 2012  Release Your Inner Splendor

During this journey to release my inner splendor, I open a channel for love by:

     I have been making a serious committment to love my enemies. Those who condemn me, tell lies about me, and just always try to bring me down. I have prayed to God to help me to truly forgive these people. Not merely say I forgive them, but to truly forgive them with an honest heart. It's easy to say you forgive someone but it's hard to actually "live" that forgiveness.
    During this period, I have grown somewhat. I don't feel the animosity as strongly as it once was, but in all honesty, I still hold a tad bit of resentment. I still think of all the things I've done for them and yet they mistreat me. 
    And although, I have tried to have them in my life and be social/civil with them... it just isn't what it should be. So, in order that I won't go against God's law, I have chosen to distance myself until I become strong enough spiritually that I may be able to be at peace when my enemies are around and do wrong to me. I choose to walk with Jesus so that I may grow in the area of truly being at peace. That no matter how rough the storm, I will have the Lord's peace residing within me.
     Once I accomplish maintaining that peace, only then will I be able to love my enemies just as I love others.