Friday, June 8, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 36)



"If I Find The Right Person,
Then I'll Be Happy"

Today we're fasting from the thought that says, "If I find the right person, I'll be happy," or "If this person changes, I'll be happy."


LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
  1. Refuse to accept that anyone has the power to make you happy.  When we depend on someone else to make us happy , we give THEM control of our emotions. We must take control of our own emotions (Genesis 4:6-7).
  2. Right relationships can make us happ-IER, but not happy. Surround yourself with the right people, to strengthen your life, but NOT as the source of your life. (Acts 2:42). Put your trust in God (Psalm 43:5).
  3. Stop trying to find the right person and simply be the right person. No matter who comes and goes from your life, you will always have to live with yourself. Learn to be happy with yourself by celebrating your strengths. Don't live in denial or fear of your weaknesses. Learn to strengthen them.
  4. Stop seeing yourself as incomplete. You are complete in Christ (Colossians 1:28). No one else can complete you. They can compliment you, but you DON'T depend on them to fulfill or complete you.
  5. Ask God for understanding today. Understanding produces happiness (Proverbs 3:13).
  6. Give up comparing your life to anyone. (2 Corinthians 10:12) When we compare, we are WITHOUT understanding and thus, without happiness.
  7. Happiness and joy come from meditating on the Words of Jesus. (John 15:11) Occupy your mind with Jesus' Words. Your heart will be lifted to another level.

THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING:     I REFUSE to depend on someone to make me happy.
                             I take control of my emotions and I walk in Divine
                             happiness. My trust is in God. HE COMPLETES ME!
                            Since I am in Christ, I receive supernatural understanding.
                            I see myself, others and life from God's point of view. I
                            WILL NOT compare, therefore, I will not despair. I
                            meditate on Jesus' Words and I find true joy. In Jesus' Name.


*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward'