Saturday, June 2, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 30)


"God Is Far From Me"


Today, let's fast from the thought that says, "God is far from me."

     The serpent was subtle in Genesis 3. Thoughts that can defeat us are often very subtle thoughts too.
We have to learn to not only discern right and wrong, but we must discern between "right" and "almost right."
     It's "almost right" to ask God to come down and help us. It sounds Holy. It sounds humble. But you will truly be free when you discover, HE IS ALREADY HERE. Emmanuel means "God with us". When Jesus came to the earth, He put an end to the separation between God and man.
     Not only is God with us. Not only is God for us. But He is also IN US!
     This is an amazing mystery and we won't understand it completely until we are in heaven. Colossians 1:27 says, "... this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." It's "almost right" to believe that if we become holier, we can get closer to God.
     But the separation between us and God is a myth. It's an illusion. The devil wants us to believe it to keep us powerless and misinformed concerning our connection with God. It's true that in Isaiah 59:2 it says that "your sins have made a separation between you and your God." But Jesus TOOK AWAY the sin through His Blood. Therefore, THERE IS NO SEPARATION between us and God anymore, if we have been born again. It's our failure to recognize this that keeps us in bondage, feeling distant from God. We feel sometimes, He is so far away. But He is not. He is here. He is there.


LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
  1. Psalm 46:1 says, "He is an ever-PRESENT help in times of trouble." WOW! You have to love this thought. Have you ever had times of trouble? But notice, He is ever-present. THEN, it says, "help" in times of trouble. It is His "ever-presence" that brings us help in times of trouble.
  2. Take Him at His Word. Jesus said in Matthew 28:20, "Lo, I am with you always; even to the end of the age." There is no way to misinterpret this verse. "I am with you always." That has to warm your heart and comfort you.
  3. Christianity is not us "finding God." It's that He came and found us, spilled His Blood to cleanse us from all unrighteousness, took us into His arms and breathed His very Spirit into us. Now He lives in every person that has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord. Romans 8:11 says, "and if the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, then He who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead, will give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit that indwells in you.
  4. Eliminate every thiought that says, "God, come down and help me" or "Send Your Spirit." He has already come. He has already sent His Spirit. Our battle is to believe this whether we feel His Presence or not. He is in us!
  5. It's not us living FOR God. It's us LIVING FROM GOD. Galatians 2:20 says, "It is no longer I who lives, but Christ lives in me." David said in Psalm 139:7-9, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your Presence? If I go to heaven You are there. If I make my bed in Sheol, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even THERE Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will hold me."

THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING:     I decide today to eliminate the thought that I am separated
                            from God in any way. He is an ever-present help in my time
                            of trouble. His ever-presence brings me help! And I will rest
                            in knowing I am in His Presence.

                           I recognize that He is already in me. That's what makes my
                          faith work. He has found me and put His Spirit in me. The very
                          same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead is living on the inside
                          of me.

                         God is not far off. He is right here, right now. I am surrounded by
                         His love and enveloped in His Presence. Therefore, I am not afraid.
                         He is my shield and refuge. My fortress and my very present help
                         today. I am not trying to live FOR God; I am living FROM Him.
                         His Power is in me! His Presence is in me! His Love is in me!
                         And nothing can ever separate me from the love of God which is in
                         Christ Jesus, my Lord!


*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward"