Tuesday, June 5, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 33)


"If I Can Just Stop Sinning
I'll Be Holy and Pleasing To God."


Today we're fasting from the thought that says, "If I can just stop sinning, I'll be holy and pleasing to God."

     While it's obviously better not to sin, the thinking that holiness is obtained by our sinlessness is wrong thinking.

LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY

  1. Re-define the correct meaning of "holiness". Holy doesn't mean 'detaching' from all that is bad. It means 'ATTACHING" to the LOVE of GOD.
  2. Remember Adam and Eve. As long as they fellowshipped with God in the garden, they didn't sin. It was only when they separated themselves that temptation had its power. (Genesis 3:1-8).
  3. Expect to taste God's Goodness (Psalm 34:8). Once you drink from the cup of His Goodness, you'll no longer hold your cup up to the bitter fancies of sin. When you drink the best, you don't want to taste the rest!
  4. Reverse this thinking. When you are pleasing God, sin loses its power. And God is pleased by your faith. (Hebrews 11:6)
  5. Be BELIEVING! The sin that leads to other sins is the sin of "not believing what God says or what God has done." (John 16:9). When you believe Him, you please Him, even with your flaws.
  6. Accept the gift of righteousness. When you awake to righteousness, it produces power over sin (1 Corinthians 15:34). We've had it backwards, thinking that when we stop sinning, we will be righteous. But the truth is... when we realize how we have been made righteous in Christ, we are empowered to turn from sin.

THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING:     I attach myself to the love of God and therefore, I am
                            walking in true holiness. Attachment to Him repels sin
                            and temptation from me. I expect to taste God's Goodness
                            and lose my appetite for sin. I believe what God has done
                            and what He says and that is holy and pleasing to Him. I
                            am the righteousness of God through the blood of Jesus!
                            My heart awakens each day to the Love, Grace and
                            Righteousness of God. I am walking in God's Power and I
                            am free from sin's power. In Jesus' Name.

*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward"