Tuesday, December 18, 2012

POEM (Special Poem for Newtown, Connecticut Victims)

 
 

 
 
Special Poem for
Newtown, Connecticut Victims
 
Twas' 11 days before Christmas
   at about 9:38 
When 20 beautiful children
   stormed through Heaven's gate
 
Their smiles were contagious
   their laughter filled the air
They could hardly believe
   all the beauty they saw up there
 
They were filled with such joy
   they didn't seem to know what to say
They remembered nothing
   of what happened earlier that day
 
"Where are we?" asked a little girl
   as quiet as a mouse
"This is Heaven," declared a little boy,
   "We're spending Christmas at God's house!"
 
When what to their wondering eyes
   did suddenly appear
But Jesus, their Savior
   which caused the children to draw near
 
He looked at them and smiled
   and they smiled at Him just the same
Then He opened His arms
   and called them by Name
 
 
 
 
 
 
And in that moment was joy
   that only Heaven can bring
Those children all raced
   into the arms of their King
 
And as they lingered
   in the warmth of His loving embrace
One small girl turned
   and looked at Jesus' face
 
And because He knew
   the questions she had
He gently whispered to her,
   "I will take care of mom and dad."
 
Then He looked down on earth
   the world far below
He saw all the hurt
   the sorrow and woe
 
Then He closed His eyes
   and He outstrecthed His hand,
"Let My Power and Presence
   re-enter into this land!"
 
"May this country be delivered
   from the hands of fools
I'm taking back My Nation.
   I'm taking back My Schools!"
 
Then He and the children
   stood up without a sound,
Then Jesus said, "Come now My children
   let me show you around."
 
Excitemant filled the space,
   as children skipped and some children ran
All displayig enthusiasm
   that only a small child can
 
And I heard Jesus proclaim
   as He walked out of sight,
"In the midst of the darkness,
   I AM STILL THE LIGHT!"
 
e-mailed from Wendy Tafoya