Saturday, December 22, 2012

CHRISTMAS POEM FOR OUR TROOPS (The Hero's Way)

 
 
 
 
 
 
The Hero's Way
 
If I could walk across this sand,
Ten thousand miles to hold your hand,
To you I'd run 'til Christmas Day!
But this is not the hero's way.
 
 
Together we'll be, the day is near,
So wait for me, not one more tear,
And think of me when you trim the tree,
As I pray for you on bended knee.
 
 
My gift for you is standing post,
For family, for country, for the Heavenly Host,
Our Christmas reunion may be far apart,
But you are with me in mind and heart.
 
 
There is no time for a soldier's rest,
For you each day we give our best,
I long to be with you this Christmas Day,
But that is not the hero's way.
 
 
 

 
 Special thank you
goes out to all
the men and women
for their unselfish service
to keep us safe.
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS
We pray you will be home soon!