Saturday, March 30, 2013

MOTIVATIONAL STORY (Suspended Coffee)






     One day as my friends and I entered a coffee shop we heard the person before us place their order.
     "Five coffees, please. Two for us and three suspended."
     They pay for their order, take the two coffees and leave. Then a young couple came in, "We'll have four coffees. Two for us and two suspended." They pay for their order, take the two and leave.
     Four people enter, order four coffees, pay and leave.
     The next person came in, "I'll have five coffees, one for myself and four suspended."
     I didn't understand what was going on so I asked my friends, "What is suspended coffee?"
     My friends glanced at each other then replied, "Wait a few minutes and you'll see."
     As we sat around enjoying our coffee, there were more people coming and ordering the suspended coffee. I patiently waited to find out the meaning of this as I watched the snow outside gently landing on the ground.
     Then an old man, dressed in worn out clothing and appearing homeless, entered the coffee shop. He slowly crept up to the counter and asked, "Do you have any suspended coffee today?"
     The girl behind the counter replied, "Yes, we do." She then hands him a nice hot cup of coffee. He takes the cup and goes into a corner to sit and drink it.

The tradition of the 'suspended' coffee started in Naples and has spread across the world. People pay in advance for coffee meant for those who can't afford it. Sometimes, if the place offers it, people will also pay for a hot meal to go with it.

One small act of charity can make a difference in someone's life. No kind deed is too small to start an everlasting ripple in making this world a better place.

SPREAD KINDNESS AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

Bless and be blessed!