Thursday, April 5, 2012

WHY THE STORIES?

     Someone asked me why I include so many Inspirational and moral stories that are not true but actually fictional...
     The stories may not be entirely true but they are thought-provoking and some are actually things that people can relate to.
     Telling someone something in a factual sense does not always work for them. It begins to sound as if you are being demanding, over-bearing, or even controlling.
     Stories are easier for many of us humans to accept. Some of us have encountered the experience, or something relatively close. If not for ourselves then someone we know.

     We should also remember...  Matthew 13:34-35

     (34) All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them.
     (35) that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying:
           
        "I will open My mouth in
                 parables;
          I will utter things kept
                 secret from the
                 foundation of the world."        (NKJV)

   I don't tell parables because I'm not Jesus. But I love to tell stories that can relate to His teachings and things we need to really consider. I hope the stories are helping in some people's spiritual growth. It certainly has helped me in mine.

Love and Blessings to all!
Shalom!  ~One Love~