Friday, April 6, 2012

SEASON OF LENT (39th Day)


39th Day of Lent
Good Friday, April 6, 2012

I trust God, the Perfect Unfoldment of my Spirit.

     From a metaphysical point of view, there is rich meaning in the Crucifixion story. The whole Gospel account is a story within a story. Incidentally, it tells of the overcoming and regeneration of one human being into the perfection of the Christ. But fundamentally it tells of the processes of the struggle of finite man into his infinite oneness. It is your story and my story. Thus, in the Crucifixion, we see that the personal ego, the material-centered thoughts must go, must die so that the true essence of the Divine may live.
     Let us work diligently to lift up our motives, our goals and aspirations, so that we can say: "I came to bear witness to the Truth."

Luke 23:46   Then Jesus, crying with a loud voice, said, "Father, into your hands I command my spirit."

*** Reprinted from Unity's booklet   Lent 2012   Release Your Inner Splendor