Monday, April 23, 2012

INSPIRATIONAL STORY (The Blood)


THE BLOOD

One night during a church service, a young woman felt God speaking to her heart. She responded to God's call and accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior. The woman felt such a relief because her past was littered with alcoholism, illegal drugs and prostitution. But it was abvious that she had been free from the bondage of those sins of her past.

As time went on she became a faithful member of the church. She eventually became involved in the ministry, teaching young children. It wasn't very long until the Pastor's son began to like this faithful young woman. They had a wonderful relationship and soon were making wedding plans. And this is when the problems began.

You see, about half of the church didn't think that a woman with a past like this young woman's should be entering into wedlock with such a pure man as the Pastor's son.

The church began to argue and fight about the matter. So they decided to have a meeting. As the people made their arguments and tensions increased, the meeting was getting completely out of hand. The young woman became very upset about all the things being brought up about her past. As she began to cry, the Pastor's son could not bear to hear anymore or see the pain it was causing his future wife.

He stood up and loudly said, "My fiancee's past is not what is on trial here. What you are questioning is the ability of the Blood of Jesus to wash away sin. Today you have put the Blood of Jesus on trial. So, does it wash away sin or not?"

The whole church began to weep as they realized they had been slandering the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I will be the first to admit that many times, I have brought up someone's past and used it as a weapon against them. But as I've walked with Jesus, He has taught me that this is very wrong. As my past isn't exactly wholesome.
Forgiveness is the very foundational part of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. If the Blood of Jesus doesn't cleanse my brothers and sisters completely... then it can't cleanse ME completely. Jesus has taught me forgiveness and that those who accept Him are born anew and ALL sins are erased. Not only by Him and Our Heavenly Father, but it needs to be erased by ME as well.
I'm still on this journey with Christ but I have the knowledge and He is helping me put it into action.
Yes! I want to erase my brother's and sister's  past .... just as I want MY past erased!

Love and Blessings!
~One Love~