Sunday, April 22, 2012

POEM (The Lords Butterfly)



The Lord's Butterfly

I said to the Lord, "Lord, let me be

Like the butterfly, so lovely and free.

Let my heart take wings and without a care,

Let me spread enjoyment everywhere!"

"My Child," said the Lord, "it's up to you.

Are you willing to trust Me, like the butterflies do?"

"Yes, Lord, I trust you," was my glib reply,

"How much could it cost ... to be a butterfly?"

"Fine," said the Lord, "let's get on with it then.

Because first you must die --- and that's how we begin!"

My heart skipped a beat and my stomach grew tight,

As I said to the Lord, "Did I hear you right?"

"My Child," said the Lord, "surely you know ---

The worm has to die, so that beauty can grow.

It's not easy, that's true, but My way is best,

And I'll be beside you all through your test."

Then the Lord took His finger and touched my heart;

And began to probe each secret part.

Each place He touched was exposed to the light,

And I could see myself as only He might.

Unforgiveness, anger,  selfishness, too.

All had to go, if I would be made new.

"I'm sorry," I cried, "please help me to DIE.

I do so want to be your BUTTERFLY."

"I love You, Jesus," was all I could say,

"Come into my heart. and make it Yours today.

Whatever it takes, Lord, I'm ready now,

Your servant is waiting, just show me how."

"My Child," said the Lord, "You have already begun,

And we'll continue to work until the job is done.

Little by little, each day you will die,

But you will live again, as my ...

Butterfly!"