Friday, April 13, 2012

FACT OR FICTION


Friday 13th

     So today was April 13, 2012. Someone posted on Facebook that this year there are 3 Friday 13th's within 13 weeks apart. Then they asked if this was coincidence.
     I'm still not sure what type of coincidence it is or what exactly they were trying to imply but I do know that the hype of Friday the 13th is just that --- HYPE!!!
     Friday the 13th really is no different than any other day but what makes it turn into a day of "bad luck" is the mentality of it.  I responded to the Facebook remark of Friday 13th and said it was hype yet, someone made the comment that they weren't so sure. They said they "normally aren't" superstious except when it comes to that particular day. Then they went on to explain that every Friday 13 they have some sort of bad luck.
     I didn't comment any further, as I didn't know this person and on Facebook, people tend to take comments out of context. But I really wanted to tell this person that you can bring into reality what you think. That's why it's always been said that if you want to have a good day, or a good life for that matter, then you need to think positive about things.
     The saying, "you reap what you sow" includes your thoughts, words and your actions. But the big misconception about "bad luck" on Friday the 13th is what is instilled in people's minds. What if most people just happened to have "bad luck" every Wednesday 4th? Then would it be okay to call Wednesday the 4th a "bad luck" day?
     Friday the 13th is no different than any other day. As a matter-of-fact, it was actually a very blessed day for me. I had my plumbing for my outside faucet done for less than fifty dollars (and this was work done by licensed contractors, NOT handymen) I had a wonderful lunch and visit with my sister and, best of all, I didn't receive any bills in the mail today.
    So, everybody... I want to encourage you --- DON'T give in to the Friday the 13th hype! When you do then you are only feeding your fear. Ignore the date and treat it as if it's any other day, then when the day is over reflect on how blessed it really was.

Love and Blessings to all!
Shalom! ~One Love~