Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lent 2013 (8th Day of Lent)

 
 
 
Thursday, February 21, 2013
 
Wisdom
 
We tap into the indwelling power of wisdom when we affirm, "I know, I remember, I understand and I express myself perfectly." Thank You, God, for Your Presence within me as perfect wisdom.
 
Wisdom does not have to be learned. Wisdom is inner knowing beyond the knowledge of the mind.
 
What does that inner knowing tell us? The message is different for each person and circumstance, but it always reflects the essence of God. In His Sermon on the Mount, Jesus stated the essence of that inner voice guidance is simply; "In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12).
 
This love-based law is the very heart of all wisdom. And the power of wisdom is always present within us, empowering us to understand how to apply that law to every challenge we face.
 
Charles Fillmore wrote in Keep a True Lent, "As I dwell upon this all-knowing faculty within, I become conscious of the Christ radiance lighting my mind and my whole being is illuminated."
 
reprinted from Unity's Lent 2013 "A Season for Spiritual Growth"