Saturday, February 2, 2013

INSPIRATION (It Is Well With My Soul)

 





 
 
It Is Well With My Soul
 
 
     The song "It Is Well With My Soul" was written by a successful Christian lawyer. He had two girls and a wife and the family planned a summer trip to go overseas.
     Since he still had a lot of work to do, he sent his family ahead and decided to follow them later.
      While he was on the other ship, he heard on the news that another ship had capsized. He knew his family was on that ship because he recognized the name of it.
     On his return home, his law firm burned to the ground and the insurance company refused to pay claiming, "It's an act of God." He had no money to pay for his house and no work. And because he couldn't work he also lost his house.
     Then one day, as he was reflecting on all that has happened to him, being a spiritual person, he wrote a song --- whatever my Lord, You have taught me to say ---- It is well, it is well with my soul.
     My dear friends, a good attitude will determine your altitude. When you look at your life, career, job or family life, what do you say? Do you praise God? Do you blame the devil?
     A good attitude towards God makes Him move on your behalf. Just sit down and say, "Today God, it is well with my soul. I am thankful I have a job, I am thankful I had a peaceful sleep, I am thankful I am alive with possibilities, I am thankful I have a roof over me, I am thankful I have food to eat, I am thankful I have friends and family. Above all, I am thankful that I have the Lord Jesus Christ on my side.
     Be blessed, and don't be envious or shocked when others are prospering, because you don't know what they have been through to get there (what tests, trials and tribulations they had to endure). So thank God for what you have.
     "Little is much when God is in it. It is well with my soul!" 
       Touch someone's life with this message... if God is for us, who can be against us?
      God has seen you struggling with something. God says it's over. A blessing is coming your way.