Friday, February 15, 2013

Lent 2013 (3rd Day of Lent)

 
 
 
Friday, February 15, 2013
 
 
 
God
 
Today we affirm: "I AM centered in God, and God is centered in me, because I AM centered in my heart."
 
Jesus referred to God in the simplest of terms, calling Him "Abba" or "Papa". He claimed an intimate relationship with God and called His followers to claim the same intimacy. "I am in my Father," He said, "and you in Me, and I in you." (John 14:20). In other words, the energy of God makes us one. We are one with God, and one with each other.
 
God is both transcendent ---- greater than any definition --- and immanent --- indwelling in the heart of every person. How do we find the immanent presence of God within us? Jesus said it again and again: "Love one another, as I have loved you." (John 15:12). By recognizing and releasing the power of love in our hearts, we consciously connect with God.
 
reprinted from Unity's Lent 2013 "A Season for Spiritual Growth"