Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lent 2013 (4th Day of Lent)

 
 
 
Saturday, February 16, 2013
 
 
I AM
 
Today we recognize the power of our own I AM statements, taking care to link our I AM energy only with what is good and true, loving and unlimited. Let us appreciate the wonderous possibilities opened for each of us by the example of Jesus the Christ.
 
 
The most powerful statement in any language is the simple statement that links us with one presence and power of God: I AM.
 
Jesus knew and perfectly expressed the I AM presence of God within Him to an extent that the rest of us have not yet reached. He called this I AM energy the Christ and in a multitude of great I AM statements, He communicated the essence of this Spiritual energy and thus the essence of our own identity. "I AM the way, and the truth and the life." (John 14:6). "I AM the good shepherd." (John 10:11). "I AM in my Father, and you in Me and I in you." (John 14:20).
 
In His I AM statements, Jesus is speaking in His full realization as Jesus Christ, so fully expressing Christ Presence within Him that, as He said, "The Father and I are one." (John 10:30)
 
reprinted from Unity's Lent 2013 "A Season For Spiritual Growth"