Saturday, June 9, 2012

MORAL SHORT STORY (Everyone Has Problems)


Everyone Has Problems

     A mother who had lost her only son went to her church to talk to the Pastor. After telling him how she felt and the pain she feels while mourning she asked, "Is there anything you can give me to reduce the pain that I feel?"
     "Yes," he said. "There is a wonderful thing you can do. I want you to go and get me a mustard seed from a home that has no problems. Such a seed can ward off all problems. When you find it, bring it back to me and I will use it to relieve your pain."
     So the mother started out and came to a large mansion. "Nothing could possibly be wrong at this home!" She knocked on the door and told the person who answered what she was looking for.
     "You've come to the wrong house," they told her. They then began telling her all their problems.
     As she was listening to their problems, she thought to herself, 'I know something about their problem. Maybe I can help these people with my experience." When they stopped speaking she gave them advice on where to go and what to do concerning some of their issues.
     When she left their home, she continued to the next house in search of her magical mustard seed. No matter, what home she went to, NONE of them were without problems and, therefore, she was never able to find the mustard seed.


MORAL: She actually DID find her magical mustard seed. Because in trying to help others solve their problems, she forgot about her own. When we pay attention to OTHERS then it makes us forget about our own troubles.


Galatians 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.               (NKJV)