Sunday, June 3, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 31)



"The Battle Is So Hard"

 Today we're fasting from the thought: "The battle is so hard."

     Perhaps you're battling depression, an addiction or fear. Perhaps it's a sickness or pain. Regardless of what it is, you're going to receive victory today! We need to take this thought captive which says, "the battle is so hard."


LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
  1. YOU'VE ALREADY WON! Jesus' declaration on the Cross sums it up; "It is finished." (John 19:30) What was finished? The battle against the power of sin and the devil was finished. The fulfillment of the law was finished. The price for us to be saved and made victorious was PAID IN FULL!
  2. Ask God to open the eyes of your heart. (Ephesians 1:18-19). You must look at life from God's point of view. In 2 Kings 6, when Elisha was surrounded by enemy armies, his servant became afraid and said, "we're surrounded. What should we do?' Elisha didn't pray for more angels. He prayed; "Lord, open the eyes of my servant that he would see there are more for us than those against us" (2 Kings 6:17). Suddenly, he saw chariots of fire and a host of angels surrounding their enemies! The battle was already won.
  3. Believe you have it! In Mark 11:24, Jesus said, "That's why I tell you to have faith that you have already received whatever you pray for, and it will be yours."  That's power this world can't give you and money can't buy! Remember 1 Peter 2:24 "... with His stripes you WERE healed." Notice, God speaks to us in past tense. It's already yours!
  4. ONLY BELIEVE! Stick to what God said! John 6:29 says, "This is our work: TO BELIEVE." In other words, BEFORE you pray for rain, bring an umbrella! Expect it to happen. Remember, it's "the good fight of faith" (1 Timothy 6:12). Our job is to believe. Our battle is to believe what God has done and what is already ours. 2 Chronicles 20:15 says the battle is not yours, but God's.
  5. Praise God that you HAVE the victory. In 2 Chronicles 20:22 it says, "
    As they began to sing and praise the Lord, the Lord sent ambushes and their enemies were defeated.

THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING:     I already have the victory in my life. Jesus has already
                             won my battles for me. My fight is to believe. I refuse
                             to stop believing. I walk by faith and not by sight. I'm
                             the head and not the tail. There are ALREADY MORE
                             FOR ME than those against me.

                            I cast my care and trouble on God, He is fighting for me.
                            He is interceding for me right now! I rejoice in the midst
                            of my battles, no matter what things look like. I choose to
                            praise God. In Jesus' Name.

*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward"