Saturday, June 9, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 37)


"How Could I Ever Recover From This Loss?"

Today we're fasting from the thought that says, "How could I ever recover from this loss?"

     We've all lost something at one time in our lives. If it hasn't been money, it's been time or relationships, opportunity or HOPE! Well today, we begin to GET IT BACK!
     We must abstain from the thought that "we can't recover," "we'll never know great days like we did in the past," or "I've lost too much to recover."


LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY

  1. Let this thought premeate your mind: God is a God of restoration. Joel 2:25 says, "I will restore the years that have been lost..." Whether it's the stock market, bad decisions, what others have done to you --- God will restore.
  2. Get rid of the mentality of "settling". We must refuse to settle. The ten lepers wouldn't settle for their leprosy (Luke 17:11-19). They cried out to Jesus. The woman with the demon-possessed daughter wouldn't settle with her daughter's condition. (Matthew 15:22). Bartimaeus wouldn't settle with blindness. He wouldn't stop until he recovered his sight (Mark 10:52) REFUSE to settle for the way things are.
  3. Realize God WANTS you to go to Him and ask Him to avenge you. In Luke 18, the unjust judge avenged the widow because of her persistence. HOW MUCH MORE will our just and loving God avenge His children (Luke 18:6-7)!
  4. All the promises of God are YES (2 Corinthians 1:20). He has promised restoration and recovery --- so ask Him for it TODAY. God wants you to recover more than you do. Believe this.
  5. Believe the promise: the theif has to repay seven-fold of what he's stolen. (Proverbs 6:31). The thief = the devil, time, the economy, fear. these are all thieves that you can expect to give back supernaturally what has been lost in your life.
  6. Re-position your thinking for expectation. 90% of profits in the world made between 1980 and 2000 went to 1.5% of the people. That means 98.5% weren't expecting much! Start expecting.
  7. Expect recovery! "You shall overtake your enemies and you shall recover all" (Samuel 30:8). Restoration and the recovery of what has been lost in our lives is a divine promise. Stand on it today.

THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING:     I will recover all that has been lost in my life. I expect
                             the restoration of lost relationships, lost money, lost
                             hope and lost opportunities. I will not settle for loss and
                             lack. God will avenge me. He will restore what has been
                             stolen from me. I ask Him and expect Him to avenge me
                             all that has been lost in my life. I call forth a seven-fold
                             return of what has been taken from me. In Jesus' Name!

*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward"