Monday, June 4, 2012

40 DAY FAST FROM WRONGFUL THINKING (Day 32)


"God Is Mad At Me"

 Today, we're fasting from the thought that says, "God is mad at me."

     Many people think that God is mad at them or the reason bad things are happening is because God is against them. Or, perhaps you don't think He's overly against you but He's just not aggressively helping you.
     Wrong thoughts are designed by the devil and our flesh to undermine our faith. If you think God is mad at you, you won't be expectant toward God to bless you.
     Let's take this thought captive (the word "captive" means: "to conquer with a sword" We conquer wrong thinking with the sword of God's Word!)

LET'S CHANGE IT TODAY
  1. God is not mad AT you. He is mad ABOUT you! This is something I started saying many years ago when I discovered God's love. And I will never stop believing it! When you accept this thought, you will have confidence, expectation and peace. Who couldn't use that! How do I know this is true? Romans 8:38-39 says, "Nothing can separate you from the love of God..." You are forgiven (1 John 1:9) and you are LOVED (1 John 4:10).
  2. Think this new thought: God loves me as much as He loves Jesus! In John 17:23 Jesus says to the Father: "I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you LOVE THEM AS MUCH AS YOU LOVE ME!" What an amazing truth. God loves you as much as He loves Jesus. And there is no way God can be mad at Jesus.
  3. He thinks precious thoughts about you ALL THE TIME! Psalm 139:17-18 says, "How precious are your thoughts toward me, O God... If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with you!"
  4. What God said to Jesus, is the SAME to you: "You are My beloved Son. In You, I am well-pleased." (Mark 1:11). Hallelujah! He doesn't sound mad at Jesus! He sounds "mad about Him!" Well, 1 John 4:16 says, "As He is, so are we." Look, there is no getting around this marvelous truth: God doesn't love Jesus half-heartedly, therefore, He doesn't love you half-heartedly either.
  5. There is nothing God is holding back fronm you! Romans 8:32 says "He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him, freely give us all things!
  6. YOU ARE NOT CONDEMNED! Romans 8:1 says, "There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..." Condemnation  is an expression of strong disapproval. God approves of you because of your faith in Jesus, not because you have done everything right. God's love for you is non-negotiable. Jeremiah 31:3 says He loves you with an everlasting love. It cannot be stopped, quenched or compromised.

THINK IT AND SAY IT

FEATURING:     God is not mad at me, He is mad about me. He loves
                            me as much as Jesus. He thinks precious thoughts
                            about me all the time! I am His beloved and He is mine!

                           There is nothing God is holding back from me. He didn't
                            hold back His best, therefore, He won't hold back the rest!

                            I refuse to be condemned. I am forgiven. I reject the
                            thought that He is mad at me or against me. God is for me
                            and not against me His love toward me cannot be stopped,
                            quenched or compromised. In Jesus' Name.

*** reprinted from Gregory Dickow's "Start Thinking Forward"