Wednesday, July 4, 2012

POEM --- FOURTH OF JULY (I Got Your Back)



I Got Your Back

I am a small and precious child
My dad's been sent to fight...
The only place I'll see his face
Is in my dreams at night.
He will be gone too many days
For my young mind to keep track
I may be sad but I am proud
My daddy's got your back!

*   *   *   *   *   *

I am a caring mother
My son has gone to war...
My mind is filled with worries
That I have never known before.
Everyday I try
 To keep my thoughts from turning black
I may be scared but I am proud,
My son has got your back!

*   *   *   *   *   *

I am a strong and loving wife...
With a husband soon to go,
There are times I'm terrified
 In a way most will never know.
I bite my lip and force a smile
As I watch my husband pack...
My heart may break but I am proud,
My husband's got your back!

*   *   *   *   *   *

I am a soldier...
Serving proudly, standing tall
I fight for freedom, yours and mine
By answering the call.
I do my job while knowing
The thanks it sometimes lacks
Say a prayer that I'll come home
It's me who's got your back.


THANK YOU!
TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE PUTTING THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE TO PROTECT OTHERS.
MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU
AND YOUR FAMILY!