Thursday, October 4, 2012

40 DAYS OF PRAYER TO CHANGE AMERICA (Day 7: Terrorism)

 
 
40 Days of Prayer to Change America
(Day 7: Terrorism)
 
You are my hidng place;
You shall perserve me from trouble,
You shall surround me with stories of deliverance.
--- Psalm 32:7
 
 
     Many things can strike fear into the heart of a nation. In the years following the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, we have feared off course planes, envelopes with white powder and threats from extremists around the world. We take precautions, all the while fearing that something, sometime, will slip through and cause harm. Fear is tough to live with and causes a nation to rect in man-made ways that aren't always godly.
     The Bible often warns us not to be afraid. The reason given is that God is our salvation. Salvation doesn't always refer to eternal life or heaven. It often means deliverance from the enemy
     Isaiah 12:2 (Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For YAH, the LORD, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.) reminds us that when a nation (or person) trusts in the Lord, He steps in and brings salvation. When we experience the Lord's deliverance, fear is replaced by songs of joy. Has the Lord become your song?
  • Ask the Lord to help America to learn to trust Him for our salvation as a nation.
  • Confess (agree with God) that the Lord is indeed the salvation for our nation.
  • Pray for a hedge of protection around our nation from the enemy's plans to attack our nation through terrorist attacks --- and the fear these can bring.

PRAYER
 
Lord, I agree with Your Word that You are our salvation. I believe that for my nation. Help us as a nation to cast aside fear abd trust in You. Lord, do a mighty work in the hearts of Your people in the United States that brings about a national shift in priorities and confidence. We trust in You, Lord. Become our strength and our song! In Jesus' Name. Amen.
 
 
(reprinted from Charisma magazine)