Monday, October 15, 2012

40 DAYS OF PRAYER TO CHANGE AMERICA (Day 18: Peace)

 
 
40 Days of Prayer to Change America
(Day 18: Peace)
 
"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."     ---- John 16:33 (NLT)
 
 
     In John 16:33, Jesus speaks of peace and trouble in the same phrase. We will assuredly encounter trouble, whether on an individual basis (illness, finances, etc.) or a national scale (war, economic crisis, etc.). Yet our peace can be found not by avoiding trouble, but in embracing the Prince of Peace. The peace Jesus spoke of is literally a commodity given  to those who follow Him. It is intended to mark His followers. His disciples will be those who have experienced His peace in their own lives and who seek to bring it to the nation in which they live.
 
  • Pray that you will be a person who brings the peace of Christ into others' lives.
  • Pray that the church in America will live in such a way that the peace of Christ comes into the councils of our nation.
 
 
PRAYER
 
Forgive me, Lord, when I walk in anxiety and stress, failing to allow Your peace to rule in my life. Breathe Your peace into my heart, Help me to bring that peace with me into every situation. Lord, may Your peace so pervade Your church in America that it begins to mark us as a nation. Help us in a miraculous way to experience Your peace amid these troubling times.
 
(reprinted from Charisma magazine)