Saturday, March 24, 2012

SOMETHING TO PONDER (Dusting)


Dusting

     A house becomes a home when you can write "I Love You" on the furniture.

    I can't tell you how many countless hours I have spent CLEANING! I used to spend at least eight hours every weekend making sure things were just perfect "in case someone came over." Then I realized one day, that no one came over because they were all out living life and having fun.
   
    Now when people visit, I find no need to explain the condition of my house. They are more interested in hearing about the things I've been doing while I was away living life and having fun.

     If you haven't figured this out yet, please hear this advice:

LIFE IS SHORT!!!  ENJOY IT!!!

Dust if you must ... but wouldn't it be better,
    to paint a picture, bake a cake or plant a seed;
Ponder the difference ...
    between what you want and what you need?

Dust if you must ... but there's not much time,
     with rivers to swim and mountains to climb;
Music to hear, books to read,
     friends and family to cherish and a life to lead!

Dust if you must ... but the world's out there
     with the sun in your eyes the wind in your hair;
A flutter of snow or shower of rain,
     this day will not come back again.

Dust if you must ...
     but bear in mind;
Old age will come,
    and it isn't always kind.

And when you go ---
     and go we all must;
You, yourself ...
     will make more dust!