Sunday, June 16, 2013

INSPIRATIONAL STORY (A Father's Eyes)






     Jonathan's mother died when he was very young and his father raised him. They both shared a very special relationship. Jonathan loved to play football and his father, who was wheelchair bound, made sure that he was always there to cheer his son at every game.
     Although, because Jonathan was so small, he sat on the bench most of the time. But after each game, whether they won or lost, his father still told his son, "Good job, son. You did your best."
     Jonathan, inspired by his father, kept trying his best so that one day he will be able to play more on the field. Everybody thought Jonathan would never get the chance to play but his father always encouraged him to keep trying and to never give up. And one day the coach, seeing Jonathan's diligence and dedication, decided to keep him on the roster.
     One day during practice, the coach met Jonathan with a telegram. He was shocked to read the message. Swallowing hard, he mumbled to the coach, "My father died this morning. Will it be alright if I miss practice today?"
     The coach gently put his arm around his shoulder and said, "Take the rest of the week off, son, and don't even plan to come to the game on Saturday. We'll be alright."
     On game day, Jonathan's college team was losing badly to the rival team. The coach and his players had all lost hope when they saw Jonathan coming towards them. He ran up to the coach and pleaded, "Coach, please let me in the game. It's very important that I play in this game tonight."
     At first, the coach didn't want to allow it, but upon thinking about it he realized that it may be good for Jonathan's grieving process  if he were to play in the game.
     Once Jonathan got onto the field he was doing such a great job that their team began to score points. Soon they were catching up with the rival team. And finally the score was tied.
     During the crucial closing seconds of the game, Jonathan intercepted a pass and ran all the way for the winning touchdown. His team members were ecstatic. The crowd came running towards him to celebrate the win.
     After the match, the coach went up to Jonathan, who was seated alone in the corner of the locker room, and asked, "Kid, I can't believe it. You were fantastic! Tell me what got into you? How did you do it?"
     Jonathan looked at the coach, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Well, you remember how my father was always at my games and he always cheered me on whether or not I was playing on the field?"
     "Yes, I remember how supportive your dad was." said the coach.
     "Well, you know my father died, but did you know that he was blind?" Just then Jonathan swallowed hard and forced a smile as he continued, "My father came to all my games but today was the first time he could see me play and I wanted to show him I could do it. I wanted to make him proud of me."



"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." ---Revelations 21:4