Wednesday, December 3, 2014




Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I'll Try Once More

By Rev. Dorothy Pierson

I turn myself over to You, Father,
But then I take me back!
So sincerely I abandon my will to Yours
And walk out on the water.
But when my feet get wet
And I feel the sway of the moving sea,
I take myself back fearfully
And climb into my self-willed boat
To steer back to the shore.
Would that I could stride out on the sea
Like, He Who traveled Galilee!
Will my faith one day be buoyant as His?
I turn myself over to you again, Father
I'll try once more!

"But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you --- you of little faith?" --- Matthew 6:30

**** Excerpts from Unity's Advent 2014 "Christmas in My Heart" Booklet

Unity is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization, supported primarily by freewill offerings, including planned giving. To give a donation, please visit www.unity.org/donate. Or for other useful resources you may visit www.unity.org