Sunday, September 23, 2012

POEMS (Footprints in the Sand -- with ADDED BONUS Buttprints in the Sand)

 
 
 
 
Many have read or heard the poem "Footprints in the Sand" but how many of you have heard or read "Buttprints in the Sand", the flipside of that poem? This is a special two-part poem that may cause some of us to examine ourselves and how much we really expect from our Savior Jesus Christ.
 
 
Footprints in the Sand
 
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand; one belonged to him and the other to the LORD.
 
When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints
in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
 
This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it, "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow You, You would walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that  during the most troublesome times in my life, there's only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed You most You would leave me.
 
The LORD replied, "My precious, precious child. I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
 
 
 
FLIPSIDE....
 
 
 
Buttprints in the Sand
 
One night I had a wonderful dream
A set of prints on the sand was seen;
The footprints of my Precious LORD
Yet, mine were not along the shore.
 
But then a stranger print appeared
I asked the LORD, "Well, what have we here?"
This print is large and round and neat
But LORD, it's just too big for feet."
 
"My child," He said in a somber tone,
"For miles I carried you alone.
I challenged you to seek My face,
Take up your cross and walk in grace."
 
"You disobeyed, you would not grow.
You would not stand against the flow.
Your neck was stiff, your ears were shut
So it was there, I dropped you on your butt."
 
"Because in life there come a time,
When one must fight, when one must climb.
When one must rise and take a stand
Or leave one's buttprints in the sand."
 
NOW ASK YOURSELF....
AM I LEAVING FOOTPRINTS OR BUTTPRINTS?